Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The paintings of Jane A Hugentober











I first saw Jane Hugentober's paintings while having my breakfast burrito warmed at Ciao For Now (http://www.ciaofornow.net/), a great place to grab a peaceful breakfast and some quiet time to start the day.
The dramatic tones and hues drew me in. I had just finished renovating our salon ( P A R L O R www.parlorhairsalon.com) on the other side of Tomkins Square Park and was craving some rich deep art to warm up our newly crisp white walls. I decided to give Jane a call and see if maybe by chance she might be looking for a place to hang her next show. We met and made it happen.
I am now the proud owner of "Kristine II" (in the bottom left corner above) and a few of her other paintings have found their homes as well. Our guests really enjoyed her work, it was an honor to be able to introduce her pieces to everyone. At the end of March we will be changing the installation but are in talks with Jane about showing some of her other work in the near future. If you can't make it down here in March you can always find her on the web at http://www.janehugentober.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment