Monday, June 25, 2012

Reviews from Real Experiences at Parlor from March to June of 2012



  • 5.0
Amazing Autumn
I came in for a hair and scalp treatment. I'm growing out layers. Autumn tailored the treatment to my hair and skin type, gave an incredible scalp, neck, arm and hand massage then gave me a new hair style based on a picture I brought in. Friends all thought I had a new hair cut! My hair felt fuller, stronger, and had great color and shine after the treatment.
- 24 days ago

  • 5.0
Sarah is the best !
All the years i have been coming there,always having a great cut by Sarah
- 26 days ago

  • 5.0
Great Experience!
Beautiful highlights, lovely Devore? Staff was attentive and not stuffy!
- 29 days ago

  • 5.0
Lovely, as always
It is amazing to have a salon that can be relied on, consistently, for great color -- for THREE YEARS! I have always left parlor with a color I love, that I look good in -- and that still looks great five weeks later. Giovanna have seen me through short hair to mid-length, and gives great cuts and great talk. The deep conditioner left me hair wonderfully soft an full, for days later.
- 1 months ago

  • 5.0
I love Parlor!
Parlor is a fantastic salon with a courteous and professional staff. Eva, my hairdresser, is receptive and friendly...and my haircut is exactly what I wanted.
- 1 months ago

  • 5.0
Relaxing and a great cut!
Great experience with Amanda here every time!
- 1 months ago

  • 5.0
always good experience
Again, love my color and the salon ambiance and all the people....pleasant, catering to your needs, and expert at their trade
- 1 months ago

  • 4.0
great place
I really enjoyed getting my hair done there. Everyone was friendly and attentive. Amanda did my hair and she took a lot of time and care assessing what was best for me. And even though they are busy, I didn't feel rushed like I do at some places.

Definitely recommend!
- 1 months ago

  • 5.0
So relaxing, and first rate service
I keep coming back here because Michele gives me great cuts and colors, but also because the whole staff is so happy to be working here and it shows through in the experience I get from my greeting to my scheduling, hair wash to hand massage. First rate and laid back.
- 1 months ago




  • 4.5
I Love Parlor
Super nice staff who always make me feel welcome and relaxed. Once or twice (over a decade of cuts and colors) when I've not been completely happy with the results, I've gone back for a "re-do" - always offered, never charged for. In fact, Parlor goes out of their way to make the 'customer' happy. The stylists, mostly female, come in all sizes, shapes, and hairstyles-so there really is the right person there for everyone's taste.
- 1 months ago

  • 5.0
Everything was perfect.
From being welcomed to scheduling next appointment service was fabulous. The space is cumfortable and light. Complimentary hand massage while color was processing is a definite bonus. Also they always have good magazines. Sarah is a top notch professional.
- 1 months ago

  • 5.0
Amazing highlights
I went in for a student "highlights" and went out with a professional one.
I had a bad"homemade"color and Aly did a really good job!
I recommend it!
Nice salon, adorable people who work in, professional ones!
Great atmosphere, timing perfect, nothing else to say
- 1 months ago

  • 5.0
Fantastic
Thanks as always Melinda ! I love your new Brooklyn salon and the location is cool. My cut & color is perfect and I cant wait to try some of the other service; mani pedi eye wax.
Best of luck>
- 1 months ago

  • 5.0
Love Katjia and Ava!
My search for a salon is finally complete after 4 years. Had a lovely Sunday morning at Parlor full of iced tea, relaxing hand massages, deep conditioning treatments and fabulous cut and color. Katjia is the answer to my search for a blonde colorist. She did exactly what I asked and the blonde is the perfect champagne/honey color I want. Ava was able to fit me in for a trim without having an appointment and they even offered me a complimentary deep condition in between my color and cut. I will definitely be back. Thanks Parlor Salon!
- 1 months ago

  • 5.0
Nice experience
Lovely staff. Really nice experience
- 1 months ago

  • 5.0
great staff and great results!
I love Parlor - i have had my hair cut there for over a year and just went foe my first color seesion. amazing results I'm so happy with my hair. ive been to 2 different stylists at this salon and they were both amazing...i recommend Parlor to all my friends lookjng for a new salon...very reasonable prices for such great results ans service!!
- 1 months ago

  • 5.0
haircut on May 4th with Eva
I went to Parlor for my first time on May 4th and received a fantastic haircut from Eva. Not only did she ask me what I wanted, she also executed the cut with perfection. I'm very low-maintenance when it comes to managing my hair, and I can tell that this cut will last me a while.

Thanks so much Eva and Parlor!
- 1 months ago

  • 5.0
another amazing haircut from Autumn!!
Love this place!
Autumn does all and each of my haircuts. It's pretty much the first hair dresser that i can totally trust with my hair. Before, I'd try to explain what I want, and leave sometimes just close to what i've been imagining or frustrated with something i dislike. With Autumn, I can just briefly describe what I'm thinking or show a picture, and then I can just relax and be sure that I'll get something completely wonderful and new :) Thanks so much!
- 1 months ago

  • 5.0
Great Experience
Sarah gave me a great haircut. Parlor has a "just right" atmosphere: comfortable, professional, courteous and spacious. All five-star worthy. I'll be coming back.
- 1 months ago


  • 4.0
RE: New Client
Great place in LES. Autumn was terrific.
- 1 months ago

  • 5.0
Outstanding
What a great experience with Amanda this weekend, and her soft-handed assistant Chris. Thanks for a very carefully-considered, wonderful job on the color. This was also most challenging given the short notice to fill in for Gwenn: you both rock! The pampering and laughs were most appreciated too, Chris!
- 1 months ago

  • 4.0
Color and cut
Always a pleasure. Really relaxing.
- 1 months ago

  • 5.0
Eva is very good
I am always pleased to have Eva. She is very thorough, professional, yet also pleasant and nice to deal with. Very comfortable with herself, so that ripples out in a positive way to clients.
- 1 months ago

  • 5.0
Fantastic!
I can always count on Giovanna for a great cut and fun conversation. Highly recommend this place! I go there every three months and am never disappointed.
- 1 months ago

  • 5.0
thumbs up
Pleasant Atmosphere. No attitudes.
You leave feeling good.
- 1 months ago

  • 5.0
Aveda
I love going to the Parlor, my favourite Aveda salon in NYC!
- 2 months ago

  • 5.0
If you're tired or blue go to Parlor!
I always feel better when I leave Parlor! It is relaxing and fun, in addition to being a beauty treatment administered by Courney and Autumn!
- 2 months ago

  • 5.0
Beautiful highlights
This was my second time seeing Katya, and she did not disappoint - my blondish highlights are face-framingly beautiful and super natural looking.
- 2 months ago

  • 5.0
luxury without the trappings of
I'm a girl who likes to be pampered, but not in the kind of way that makes people feel the need to wait on me hand and foot. The Parlor in New York City's east village is the perfect get away for me. I am always greeted warmly and punctually, I am always treated with little surprises with every visit (they offer a fine tea, coffee and regular old water, but with lots of love) and most of all, the styling service is great. I am a client of Erin Boyle (soon to be leaving for California to follow her dreams) and she is the bee's knees. I like that I don't feel like I am judged by my clothing or if I'm wearing make-up, but am still treated like my time is worth something. Erin is a master at her craft and I'm sad to see her go, but she referred me to not one, not two, but three different stylists (two at her salon, one near me in Brooklyn) so that I didn't have to wonder who would take over. She is wonderful and I'm excited to continue visiting this salon even in her absence.
- 2 months ago


hair color
It was a wonderful and relaxing experience, even though I didn't get a haircut, only color. And the Aveda-colors are fantastic and natural.

My hairdresser, Eva, is a warm and inspiring person.

The only thing I would suggest, to maybe find more comfortable washbasins.
- 2 months ago

  • 5.0
Parlor
The entire staff is friendly and helpful. Erin always does a great job with my hair.
- 2 months ago

  • 5.0
Michelle Combs is Fantastic!
Her skills with cut, style, and color are the best I've found in NYC! All of the staff are wonderful and kind at Parlor.
- 2 months ago

  • 5.0
great expeience
I love going to Parlor. The atmosphere is cool and casual, the products are fabulous, and the scalp massage...oh, the scalp massage!
- 2 months ago

  • 5.0
Professional service, fabulous staff great environment
Every time I visit Parlor I am thrilled with my experience. Not only does my hair look great and healthy but the service from scheduling through finishing is perfect.

The excellent treatment extends to clients and staff alike and is not limited to my stylist, Erin, but is evident throughout the salon.

My young daughters receive age appropriate, independent personalized service as well. I overhear respectful interaction between staff and wonderful collaborative consultation between stylist and client at each visit.

My stylist Erin is leaving for new and greater advancement of her craft. I am confident that her recommendation for me will be as wonderful an experience at Parlor and that Erin will go on to do great things.

Parlor is a hidden gem in the East Village
- 2 months ago

  • 5.0
Another great experience!
as always, I leave a satisfied customer everytime i visit Parlor. Amanda does a beautiful job on my color, cut, and style. the entire staff is welcoming and caters to you whether it's getting you a cup of coffee, magazines, or even a hand massage while you wait. it's the perfect little East Village salon.

julie
- 2 months ago

  • 5.0
Awesome!
Got tons of compliments! Thanks, Sarah:)
- 2 months ago

  • 5.0
Hair color with Courtney
Fantastic! I love my hair and color!
- 2 months ago

  • 5.0
Great haircut from Giovanna
I got exactly what I wanted, and a very pleasant experience!
- 2 months ago

  • 5.0
beautiful haircut & color
Wonderful haircut & color from Eva!
A lovely experience!
- 2 months ago


  • 5.0
Fantastic
Parlor is a wonderful salon. The staff are friendly and cordial but also remain respectful and professional. The hairdressers are efficient and expert. Never been disappointed.
- 3 months ago

  • 5.0
another peaceful experience
having my hair cut at parlor is always a relaxing experience. thought the salon is busy, everything moves smoothly and serenely. rebecca, the assistant for this visit, gave a soothing head massage as she washed my hair, and sarah jones, the excellent stylist, is so efficient and calm that i need but close my eyes and relax. a lovely experience and an excellent haircut.
- 3 months ago

  • 5.0
Just what my poor hair needed
Michelle took my "problem child" hair, really listened to what I needed, and gave me beautiful, healthy hair by he end of our appointment. Her expertise really shows. I will most definitely be back to Parlor and will recommend it to everyone.
- 3 months ago

  • 5.0
Loved my first visit.
So I had a feeling I would love parlor. My sister trained in NYC as a stylist and had said I should check them out for years. The salon is totally cute and unpretentiously hip. Its aveda concept so get ready for the Aveda treatments and scalp massage. Plus the products are more natural and Eco which appeals. The Staff was both friendly & helpful and picked the perfect stylist for my needs. Eva is their newest stylist. I told her my hair "issues" (had had some real difficulties of late with bad layering that made me feel like I still had the circa 1990's "Jennifer" which I'm not even sure i liked back then) and she had some great ideas for how to freshen up my style and used techniques that work Better for my hair.. Eva has a wonderful blend of creativity and listening to my needs that made my experience and cut beautiful. Can't wait to see where we go w it next.
- 3 months ago

  • 5.0
great service and color
always an upbeat, relaxing time at Parlor....and excellent color results.
- 3 months ago

  • 5.0
East village love
I love Parlor! Giovanna cut my hair this time and listened to what i wanted, was bubbly and cheerful and easy to talk to, and gave me a fabulous cut. She even suggested a product that I now love. She was helpful, informative, and forgiving when I was 15 mins late for my appointment. I will be seeing her from now on! I'm a loyal fan of Giovanna and parlor. Yay!
- 3 months ago

  • 5.0
Great!
Thanks Sarah - great haircut - great salon
- 3 months ago

  • 5.0
Erin is the best!
I trust her implicitly and will never go elsewhere in the city.
- 3 months ago

  • 0.5
Horrible
My best friend and I used to love Parlor but the salon has gone downhill. There is a very high turn over and all the good people have left. The owner is completely unprofessional and needs to learn how to treat her staff and customers.
- 3 months ago

  • 5.0
Love my haircut
After I washed my hair the day after my haircut, it looked as good as when I walked out of Parlor the day before. Thank you Gwen.
- 3 months ago


  • 5.0
Fabulous, as always!
Sarah is a genius.

I got at least a dozen compliments on my new haircut, some from complete strangers!
- 3 months ago

  • 4.0
Great place
Very low-key, laid-back salon. Got a great short cut from Autumn, who took her time and really listened. I highly recommend Parlor.
- 3 months ago

  • 3.5
too expensive
your services are too expensive. other places are just as good and don't charge half as much. too prohibitive. i would have recommended you but would never due to this.
- 3 months ago

  • 5.0
Giovanna is the best!
I have been coming here for a litle over a year and Giovanna is the best! Everyone that works here is super nice and they do great work!
- 3 months ago

  • 5.0
Haircut with Katja
Excellent and quick hair cut. the woman who also washed my hair gave me an amazing head and neck massage. Love coming here - and more excited that they're moving closer to my home!
- 3 months ago

  • 5.0
Excellent service
Once again, on time, friendly staff who listened. Excellent!
- 3 months ago

  • 4.5
Once again, great haircut
Always a great experience @ Parlor. Giovanna is the best. Attentive and an great listener.
- 3 months ago

  • 5.0
I always enjoy my appointments
My haircuts from Parlor are always spot-on. Michele does a great job, she listens to what I want and she's fun! Not too talky, not too intense. The salon has a good, low-key vibe and all of the staff are friendly and professional. You can't go wrong here!
- 3 months ago

  • 5.0
Haircut/Blowdry
From the moment I walked in, I was the priority in this off-the-beaten-path salon. While waiting for my stylist, her assistant gave me an aromatherapy scalp massage and brought me a cup of tea. My stylist made time for a consultation- lucky for me because I had several questions. She was upbeat, but honest with her options. The cut is one of the best I've received in a long time. I will definitely be back to this salon again!
- 3 months ago


No comments:

Post a Comment